Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Stitched: Around the World

Time for a new project and I am so excited about this one. This print from P&B textiles and designer Jill McDonald is going to rock once my fingers work their embroidery magic! I have been looking for a good sampler to try different hand stitches on for some time now, and with bright colors and line graphics this fabric will be a great canvas for stitching by number.

DSC_0066

Don’t you just love all the bright colors and mess in this picture? To add a little clarity here is the overview of all the wild fun!This picture is quite messy but describes my project steps nicely.

1. Find hand quilting hoops

2. Assemble all the wild colors of thread I can find

3. Sort through the various needles sizes for the perfect fit (I find the numbers so confusing, do you?)

4. Assemble quilt sandwich

5. Start stitching!

My favorite sites for stitch inspiration are Sarah’s Hand Embroidery Tutorials (awesome!), and Wild Olive. Check them out if your fingers are itching to stitch today as well!

 Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...