Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunday Golf & Pretty Papers

How does the week fly by so quickly? One second you are listening to the alarm clock ring Monday morning and the next you are preparing for bed on Sunday to start the week again. That is why I treasure the weekend time I am able to spend with Mr. C. traveling, loving and experiencing life.

DSC_1439

Mr. C. after he hit his target, the cart collecting the golf balls lol.

This weekend we were able to go to the Sommerfest in downtown Stuttgart, catch hangover 2 at the theater play on the driving range and still have time to play with paper!

DSC_1434

Batter up! (hey I didn’t say I had skills…)

Sommerfest downtown was so much fun! We met up with folks from work and danced the night away. Well…friends talked and I snuck away to dance in the Latin tent with strangers in Jamaican style beanies and mad dance skills. I love that Germany has so many free festivals and fun times.

IMG-20110806-00024

A blurry pic inside one of the drink tents at Sommerfest

I also took the time to photograph my recent layouts from the Studio Calico, “Mind the Gap” and “Petrol” kits as promised earlier this week. I hope you enjoy looking!

Love of Northern Ireland

NorthernIreland

The photos in this layout are from our visit to Northern Ireland last year. The Giant’s Causeway and Carrick-rede Bridge are amazing! I used the exclusive Studio Calico patterned paper and used Mr. Huey’s to highlight the title. Ink was used for doodling, outlining the various green scraps and letters and detailing my favorite memory triggers from the Northern Ireland trip.

NorthernIreland_close3_smallNorthernIreland_close2_small

The Tower

TowerofLondon

This is my favorite tower in the Tower of London, which actually consists of numerous towers. When I visited back in 2006 my sister captured a photo of me in this same tower which became one of my mother’s favorites. So when I visited the Tower again in 2010 I had my friend Nikki try to re-capture the moment. I felt pretty silly asking but am so happy I did because this photo turned out so gorgeous with the lighting from the window!

TowerofLondon_close2_small

For the layout I painted the background paper with gesso, metallic water colors and Studio Calico Mr. Huey’s. For the banner I used the Maya Road chipboard pennants which also came in the Studio Calico, “Petrol” kit and painted them with metallic watercolors. After stamping the Studio Calico images I adhered the photo with machine stitching and stitched the line to hang the Maya Road pennants from.

TowerofLondon_close_small

I finished the layout by attaching the pennants along the stitched line and punch details from My Minds Eye and silver accents from 7Gypsies. I love this layout, it is so soft and pretty!

More layouts, travel stories and life memories to share next week after my week begins with you guessed it, the alarm clock and kisses good morning from Mr. C.!

DSC_1433

Fore!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...