Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Pretty Little Studio Design Team Member, Me?

YES ME! For those of you who read my blog post Pretty Little Studio Design Team post you will remember that I put a lot of work into my design team member submission and it paid off! I am really, really proud of myself. Why? because I almost gave up.

I almost gave up when I first decided to start sharing my passion for memory art.

I almost gave up when I realized I was still unpacking from an overseas move and my studio was a mess.

I almost gave up when I tried to create but was completely exhausted after my second week at a new job in a a foreign country.

I almost gave up when the sewing machine ripped my submission’s background paper, and the felt lace I was embroidering ripped.

I almost gave up when the little voices in my head said are you really good enough?

I almost gave up….

Then Mr. C. said, “Why don’t you just give up?” Hearing him say the thought that had been swirling in my head gave it real meaning. And I knew that giving up meant giving up on myself. I could not give up.

Inspired I ran upstairs to adhere gaffer tape and applied button’s to hide the seam where I attached additional felt. I spent hours taking photo’s, editing and revising my application. I submitted and spent the next few weeks wondering…then I found out…I was a new member of the design team! I was so happy…happy that I won and happy that I did not quit because not quitting is the biggest victory.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! Go you! They're lucky to have you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! And hurray for not giving up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the congrats ladies! Now I get to wait for m box of goodies *grin*.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Can't wait to see your work. I'm not on twitter, but I am on facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats again, Katie! I can see from the fabulous work on your blog that you are going to rock the PLS products for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...