Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Italia Week Day Two

Today is the second day of our Italia Week here at the Life Adventures of Mrs. C. If you missed Day One, then go check it out here to read the first part of my Italia art journal tutorial!

BlogItalia5

Day two of this week featured more planning, and art journaling fun. I took the time to go over our itinerary and research places that I am really looking forward to visiting! Here is our Thanksgiving in Italy itinerary:

November 23rd – All aboard for Italy!

November 24th – Arrive in Florence, I am looking forward to seeing the statue of David, the dome of St. Mary with Brunelleschi’s cupola and the masterpiece that Michelangelo called the, “Porta Dell Paradiso.”

November 25th – Venice baby! I am so excited I cannot wait to ride in a gondola, which I was corrected this morning by a friend in my pronunciation. Gondola, as we say it in the states is used to refer to the ski gondola’s…the correct pronunciation is gondooola with a long o (thus the extra o vowels in my written form to remind me). I should find lot’s of fun things here for my art journal.

November 26th – Verona, home of Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. On this day I think a love letter might find it’s way into my art journal… When I am finished with my romantic musings then we are off to visit the amphitheater.

Then we head home! A short, but sweet trip to the land of Italia and the perfect start to my art journal.

So on to the next steps in the Italia Week Art Journal…If you missed the first part of the tutorial yesterday, remember that you can find it here.

Step 3: Once you have stitched, scribbled and painted on your Italy panels you want to cut them each into pages that measure 4 1/4” x 5 3/4”. I ended with approximately 24 panels of Italian cities.

BlogItalia4

Step 4: I used fabRips by Studio Calico to bid my pages together. Each fabRips strip is cut 1” x 5 3/4”. I carefully attached two pages together using the tape to hold them together, one page face up and one page face down. Be careful when applying the tape to leave a small break between the two pages to ensure you can close the pages later. See the picture below as a guide.

BlogItalia

Step 5: ??? will share with you first thing tomorrow on Italia Week Day 3!

BlogItalia2

- Katie

5 comments:

  1. I have to go to work now but what I'm seeing looks wonderful so I'll have to come back and check the whole thing out! :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great day at work and thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea but I really love those fab rips- you will be leaving them exposed by stitching the pages together? In any case it's a beautiful effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FabRips? Sounds like a great item to have...hmmm...will have to look into that :) The project is looking good so far!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...