Friday, May 20, 2011

Strawberry Shortcake

Have I mentioned how much I love Kelly’s blog at The Spunky Coconut? Last Summer when I was diagnosed with various stomach problems which seemed to eliminate almost every food that I enjoyed eating her blog was a life saver in teaching me a different way to cook.

This spring I tried out her Almond Squares. Mr. C and I skipped the chocolate and instead cut up fresh strawberries sprinkled with stevia and used coconut milk cream.You can get coconut milk by placing a can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight, once you open the can simply skim the cream off the top. Unfortunately I forgot to skim the cream and instead stirred the milk…our cream was a little thin but still tasted amazing. The best part? No refined sugars and flours, plenty of fresh fruit and high in good fats and protein!

DSC09854
Can you say tasty?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...